Sunday, August 1, 2010

Karma

Now I do not wish anything bad to any player, especially ones on my teams, but doesn't seem a little like KARMA for Dez Bryant. In no way whatsoever do I side with Roy Williams, but as a rookie there is certain things you are expected to do. You are gonna carry the veteran's pads. You will probably get to pick up a dinner tab or two. You will have to wear an outrageous outfit on the plane. These things happen to rookies. It always has, and will continue.

One way to get on the bad side of the veterans is by refusing to do these things. This is just something all rookies go through. Troy, Emmitt, Micheal, Larry Allen, and so on and so forth did it.

The veterans are not trying to punk you or disrespect you. They are letting you know you are now in the NFL.

I have no problem with this at all. It could be worse. Bill Parcells made all the rookies bring him water during breaks. Carrying pads is not that big of a deal. It was made a big deal by Bryant's refusal.

Now, Bryant injured his ankle. Are the two related? Probably not. But it is fun to speculate. If Dez would have carried Roy's pads, maybe he is not hurt.

Karma goes a long way, and I think Dez got his first taste of the NFL's version of Karma.

As always, I would love to hear from you. Send me an email at john@bigbadsportsdaddy.com

Peace. John Conner

No comments:

Post a Comment