Sunday, August 8, 2010

Cowboys of the 90s

With Emmitt Smith getting into the NFL Hall of Fame, I started wondering if that was going to be the last Cowboy for the dynasty of the 1990s.

Looking at the guys that have a shot, I have narrowed it down to 4 guys I think deserve the honor.

First, eligible next season is Deion Sanders. He was the ultimate shut down cornerback. He was only on the team for the 1995 championship team, but he played defense, offense, returned punts, and returned kicks. He was a threat to score every time he touched the football. I think is a lock.

Next, is Larry Allen. He was by far the most dominant offensive lineman in the 90s. He was a Pro-Bowler at guard and at tackle. He was known for his legendary strength( once bench pressed 700lbs.) and was also known for not saying much. He induction speech will last about 4 minutes. He is a lock.

Next, is Darren Woodson. He is the all-time leader in tackles for the Dallas Cowboys. Take that in for a moment. One of the most storied teams in sports history, and he is the leading tackler. Just as long as it took to find a replacement for Troy Aikman, it has been even longer trying to find a replacement for Woodson. He is 50-50.

My final player is Charles Haley. He has been on 5 Super Bowl teams. He changed the entire defense for the Cowboys. He was the first guy offenses game planned for. I believe he will eventually get it.

As always, I would love to hear from you. Send me an email to john@bigbadsportsdaddy.com.

Peace, John Conner

No comments:

Post a Comment