Sunday, August 15, 2010

Expectations

We are now a couple of preseason games into the 2010 NFL season, and we can now make some predictions.

I still think the Dallas Cowboys are the cream of the crop in the NFC east division. I think they have what it takes to make a long run in the playoffs. I do think they have a realistic shot to make the Super Bowl.

This is the exact same opinion I had at the end of last season. So what has changed? Nothing. I am a Dallas Cowboys' fan. We always think this is the year. Even when Dave Campo was guiding the team to 3 consecutive 5-11 seasons, we always thought that next year was the year we turned things around.

The main difference between now and the Campo years is the fact that this team has tasted a little success.

Coming off a year in which they won the division, beat Philly in a playoff game, and the two teams ahead of them in the NFC, Minnesota (Favre back, Favre retiring and New Orleans, already beat them in New Orleans) makes us feel pretty good about their chances.

On top of that, you add the biggest play maker in the draft in Dez Bryant and another linebacker from Linebacker (Penn St.) in Sean Lee, and this team looks better and better.

I hate it when Jerry comes out and says he expects the team to play at home in the Super Bowl, and then I realize he says that every year. This year, the game just happens to be at JerryWorld.

So, do I really believe the Cowboys are going to the Super Bowl? Yes

I am a homer? Hell YES

I am honest with myself and at the same time am huge homer. That being said, if the Cowboys don't win the Super Bowl, I will be hugely disappointed.

As always, let me hear from you. Send an email to john@bigbadsportsdaddy.com.

Peace, John Conner

No comments:

Post a Comment