Sunday, May 30, 2010

Shut up and PLAY

I would like to see the following players in my office as soon as possible: Patrick Crayton, Chris Johnson and Albert Haynseworth.

I have 2 thought on the situations you are in and you guys are not going to like either.

Number 1, you are under contract to your respective teams. Patrick, I understand your dilemma. As of right now, it looks as if you are the number 4 receiver at best. But $2 million is still $2 million. Mr. Johnson, you ran for 2000 yards, and can be considered the top running back in football, or at least in the top 3. Albert, you wanted to be the highest paid defenseman, and you are.

So let me get this straight. Patrick wants more playing time, Chris wants more money, and Albert wants a new team. I have 1 answer for all three of you.

SHUT UP!! SHUT UP !! SHUT UP!! and play.

Let me ask the 3 of you a question. Patrick, do you remember dropping 2 critical passes against the Giants that would have sent the Cowboys to the second round of the playoffs? Do you remember getting a shot as a 7th rounder, when nobody else wanted you? I do. Now go play.
Chris, would you be paying Tennessee if you ran for 180 yards? Nope, probably not. You would probably blame the offensive line, just so you would get cut. Oh Albert, you are the highest paid defensive player, right? But you don't like being a nose tackle in a 3-4 defense. Fine, give the Redskins the money back, and go be a tackle in a 4-3 defense somewhere else.

I know and understand why players want to renegotiate a contract. The problem I have is, players only want to do it after a good year. If a player ever went to a team and said, " I played pretty bad last year, and I think you should give me a pay cut," then I might listen to the whining babies. But this is getting retarded. It is almost to the point that I think every professional athlete should have to play on a one year contract. That way, if you perform well, you get more money. If you don't, you get less.

Teams give a player a long term contract so they feel secure and know the player is going to be around for a while. They know they can build with that player. I understand that renegotiating is necessary from time to time, but every year we have certain players that just do it to get in the spotlight.

Patrick, I understand your complaint, and I believe the Cowboys should either trade or cut you. Chris, I think you should be the one of the highest paid running backs in the NFL, but only when your current contract is up. Albert, I have nothing for you. You are the highest paid guy on the team, and the highest non quarterback in the NFL. Just shut your mouth and play football.

The only people that get on my nerves worse that these 3 is rookies. You have proved nothing in the NFL yet, so sign your over priced contract and get into camp.

My second point is, these 3 guys need to take a shot at the real world. If I told my boss I wasn't coming to work until he gave me a raise, he would laugh, and then once he stopped laughing, he would fire my butt. You guys are getting paid the play a game. You are going to make enough money to support your kid's grandkids.

So just play. Stop whining about contracts, or playing time, or anything else. You are lucky to be able to play a game for a living.

As always, I would love to hear from you. Sens an email to john@bigbadsportsdaddy.com.

Peace. John Conner

1 comment:

  1. I was with you on Crayton and Haynesworth. Chris Johnson, on the other hand should be getting a new contract. He's proved he is worth way more than his weak rookie contract. Running backs have a short life, Chris should get a new deal before his rookie deal expires. Remember, there may not be a season next year. Get the money while you can prove your worth it.

    ReplyDelete