Sunday, March 14, 2010

Wake up Jerry

Alright. I have stood by long enough.

Can I please call the owner of the Dallas Cowboys, and ask him to go wake up the general manager? This is becoming insane.

Jerry Jones. I am talking to you. I am talking to the owner, and I am especially talking to the general manager.

I understand that the Cowboys are being patient, and letting the market come to them, but for goodness sake, do something. Go sign a backup punter, just so we know the team is on your mind.

I get it. You had a major boxing promotion at your stadium last night. You had the NBA all-star game there too. The Super Bowl will be there in about 10 months. Wouldn't it be really cool to be the first team to play at home for the Super Bowl?

I think so, but the way the team sets up right now, that is not happening.

I am not saying to go out and sign people just to sign them, but at least put your name out there as looking at players. You can go and look at rumors on a number of different websites, and all they say is that the Cowboys may cut Flozell Adams and Roy Williams.

Really? As a fan, I already knew that. But what is the plan? All you hear from Jerry is that he is trying to lock up Miles Austin. Ok, I like that, but we need help from outside the organization.

Jerry, who is playing safety next year? Who is our back up left tackle? Who is our kicker?
Are we going to address all this in the draft? I hope not. My hope would be to address a few of those now, and then just take the best available player in the draft.

I understand that I am overreacting and not being patient, but with everything else Jerry is doing, I just want confirmation that he is still focusing on the Cowboys.

Right now, as a fan, it seems like he is everywhere, and is not focusing. Can I get a hold of Stephen? Is he doing anything? I don't know.

Next week may be different, but right now 3 teams have not signed anyone, and the Cowboys are one of them.

JERRY, please wake up. And can you wake up the general manager while your at it.

Thanks,
John Conner

No comments:

Post a Comment