Sunday, January 17, 2010

Who is too blame this time?

I have never hid the fact that I am a life-long Dallas Cowboy fan, but the way they are ending the season the last couple of years is down right ridiculous.

So like most Cowboy fans, I need to overreact and blame someone. It certainly wasn't my fault. So, exactly whose fault was it?

My first bit of blame goes to good old Wade Phillips. Your team is moving the ball great, and you decide to go for a 44 yard field goal on 4th and inches. ARE YOU FREAKING SERIOUS? You entire offense stayed on the field expecting to go for it, and your sorry butt tries a field goal, which has been this team's Achilles heal. IDIOT. Plain and simple. Wade...You are an IDIOT.

You could see the body language of the team after Suisham missed. They wanted to go for it, but no, Wade made a crappy call. That changed the entire game. I can "what if" all I want, but even if you don't make it, Minnesota is starting at the 30, instead of the 40.

Blame #2. I love you Tony Romo, but for the love of God, hold on to the f'ing football. This is the third game we have lost with meaning, and all three times, Romo could not hang onto the ball. I commend you for the last 4 weeks, but this one hurt. 2 fumbles lost and a pick, WTF?

I understand Romo was under more pressure than usual, but that is no excuse. Hold onto the ball Tony.

Speaking of protection, Doug Free is a great right tackle. But he sucks ass on the left side. That was embarrassing. I know they lined up Jared Allen over there to scare you, but Ray Edwards became All-Pro in this game. Who, you ask? Exactly. I had never heard of Ray Edwards until this game, but I sure as hell know who he is now.

And finally, my biggest blame of them all...The defense. That was awful. I realize Sidney Rice had a coming out season this year, but wow, he looking better than the second coming of Jerry Rice. All the talk went to the secondary's head. They looked like they had fun chasing him all day. I am not gonna single any one guy out, because Jenkins, Newman and Sensabaugh all got burned equally.

And most importantly, I blame Jerry. I don't know why, but I always blame him.

For the most part, a 12-6 season, NFC East Champions, 2 playoff games, is pretty good. But this is now 2 years in a row that they have just been blasted in the last game of the year. This is unacceptable. I am sure Jerry won't take this lightly, but we will see.

You got someone to blame, send it to jpconner9@yahoo.com.

Talk to you later,

John Conner

No comments:

Post a Comment