Thursday, August 2, 2012

Who is the 3rd receiver?

I would like to introduce myself.  My name is John Conner.  I am 5'11",  and I weigh 197 pounds.  I can run the 40 in under 8 seconds, and I am now putting my name in the hat to be the Dallas Cowboys third receiver.

This is how ridiculous this has become. 

All this off season, people have been so concerned with who will be the guy to replace Laurent Robinson.  You want my honest opinion, Laurent Robinson couldn't replace Laurent Robinson.  There was no way he was going to be able to duplicate the season he just had.  If he can't do it, then why should we expect anybody else too.

The way Jason Garrett wants to run his offense, there is very little need for a third receiver.  Expect to see the fullback and a lot of two tight end sets.

So, you will have Dez and Miles.  The third guy will be, oh I don't know, ummm, maybe Jason Witten, or John Phillips, or DeMarco or Felix out of the backfield.  There are plenty of options.

After the last couple of years of Wes Welker, a quality Texas Tech player...DING, people have been looking for the next one.  If you are a short, white guy with decent speed and can catch the ball, you will be compared to him. 

Good luck with that Danny Coale and Cole Beasley. 

People forget that Welker went undrafted, was cut twice, and then caught on with Tom Brady.  Every receiver looks good with Brady, but still, he made the most of it.

I do think the Cowboys need one of these young receivers to step up and make 20-30 catches, but with Garrett wanting to run the ball more, it is not a necessity.

I wish fans would start focusing on more important things, like what are the cheerleaders going to look like this year, and how long will it be before Jerry has another plastic surgery.  These are important questions.

So until we at least get to the preseason, let these things work themselves out.

Peace Out,

John Conner

No comments:

Post a Comment