Thursday, August 30, 2012

Cowboys Season Prediction

It is that time again. 

Every team in the NFL is undefeated, and that includes the Dallas Cowboys.  Will any team stay that way?  I hope so, and when they do, I will be in line with everyone else to punch Mercury Morris square in the FACE.

Now, I am a die hard football fan, and love the NFL, but I am not going to waste your time, or my own, and try to predict the entire NFL.  I will leave that kind of stuff to people that have way too much time on their hands, and have nothing better to do.  You know, people like Larry Stanley.

But enough about irrelevant people, lets get to my team.

I will preface this by saying I am a homer, but a realistic homer.  Do I think the Cowboys will go undefeated and when the Super Bowl? No.  Do I think they are improved? Yes!! Do I believe in the red headed Jesus (Jason Garrett)...sometimes.  Do I trust Jerry?  HELL NO!!!!!!

As I look at the schedule, it doesn't start well.  They will be center stage versus the defending champs, on a Wednesday.  Let me repeat that...on a Wednesday.  Then they go to Seattle, where they have never played well.

You really want to get off to a fast start, but playing in New York and in Seattle, it could prove difficult. 

Next, Tampa is a gimme and Monday night at home against the Bears, and the ultimate knuckle head, Jay Cutler, should be at least 2 in a row.

Then the bye.

Then, the most brutal stretch of the year.  At Baltimore, at Carolina, home for the Giants, at Atlanta and at Philly.  BRUTAL!!!!

Then, 3 straight at home, Cleveland, Washington and Philly...um ok.

Finally, they end at Cincinnati, home with Pittsburgh and New Orleans and finish at Washington.

HOLY jhvb$^&$^&^$j hhh!!!!

What exactly did they do to deserve this schedule?

This team could be vastly improved, and be 3 or 4 games worse, record wise.

Now, lets look at the team.

The givens: Tony Romo, DeMarcus Ware, Tyron Smith, Brandon Carr, Sean Lee, Dan Bailey and Lawerence Vickers.

7 out of 53 ain't great.

The question marks: Everyone else

Is Miles, Witten, Ratliff, Jenkins, Dez healthy?

Are Spencer, Free, Livings, Sensebaugh, Church, Claiborne, Phillips, Carter ready to step up?

Is Garrett ready for the end of games? Maybe.

I do think they made a great move bringing in Bill Callahan to help Garrett, but I'm not sure its enough.

I am extremely realistic and I love my Cowboys, but honestly, I look at this team, the question marks, the injuries and the schedule, and I say...6-10

I wish I could say better, but I can't.  Deep inside, I am thinking 16-0, but my computer wouldn't let me type it.

Peace Out,

John "Mutley" Conner

No comments:

Post a Comment