Sunday, October 17, 2010

WTF

I give up. I really do.

I have tried to figure out how the Dallas Cowboys can win a game, and I came up with nothing.

They are a top 5 offense, a top 10 defense, and the special teams are ok.

So why can't they win a game?

Because there is no discipline on this team.

They got called for excessive celebration last week against Tennessee that cost them field position, and eventually the game. So what happens after their first touchdown against Minnesota? Excessive Celebration. Congratulations Miles Austin.

But don't worry, Miles was just getting warmed up.

You had 2 steps on a guy for at least a huge gain, but lets push off anyway, run for a touchdown, only to get it called back. After that, Austin disappeared.

Doug Free has been the most consistent offensive lineman for the Cowboys this year. He gets beat one time, Romo hurries, and throws a pass off a helmet for an interception at the 20 yard line.

Late in the game, the Cowboys hold the Vikings to 2 yards, and need to hold on 3rd down to get the ball back with 2 minutes left. The heck with that, Mike Jenkins holds and the Vikings get to run down all but 13 seconds. Game over.

What does all this mean?

As much as I would love to blame Wade Phillips for all of this, he is not out there making bonehead plays. This team thinks that it is so talented, that it can just show up and win games.

I guess not.

If it wasn't for the Texas Rangers deep playoff run, the Dallas Stars starting 4-0, and the Dallas Mavericks about to start, I might be pissed. But, I am not.

This has been a year in the making. This team didn't have enough talent last year and did nothing this off season to improve the talent.

Yes, I understand that when you put the star on the helmet, you get a little swagger, but this team thinks it should have just been given a bye into the Super Bowl.

Whats worse is the fact that they think they could be 4-1 or at the least 3-2, and all would be good.

The reality is, you are 1-4, and the road is not getting any easier. This team will be lucky to win 5 games and it pains me to say it.

Right now, I really hate my team. Unfortunately, it is the only one I have. I will suffer through this season, and hope Jerry is more aggressive in the off season next year, but with a lockout looming, that doesn't look good.

The one thing positive I will say, we are watching one of the better quarterback performances in a Cowboy's uniform in a long time. For those of you that want to blame Tony Romo for this start, you are obviously football morons. He is the one bright spot, with possibly Roy Williams.

I will keep watching, but my hand is always on the remote looking for something better.

As always, I would love to hear from you. Send it to john@bigbadsportsdaddy.com.

Peace, John Conner

No comments:

Post a Comment