Sunday, October 10, 2010

Bye Bye Wade

I am not angry. I am not mad. I don't really feel anything except confusion.

When Jimmy Johnson left years ago, Jerry brought in Barry, then Chan, and then Campo. None of it worked. I know Barry won a Super Bowl, but Jimmy had those players ready to coach themselves. Barry just stood on the sidelines looking dumb.

Gailey never really got a shot, to no fault of his own. Campo, was well, a defensive coach, but not a head coach. I am not even sure Campo was a good defensive coordinator, but he is an outstanding secondary coach.

Then, Big Bill was brought in. The team went on a upward climb.

Bill left.

Now we get to Wade Phillips.

Once again, he is a great defensive coach, but head coach, not so much.

With Barry, Chan and Campo, there were too many penalties and turnovers and the coach was gone.

With Wade, there are too many penalties and turnovers , and yet he stays.

Why?

I will tell you why. This team has ten times the talent that Chan and Campo had. That is the only reason the Cowboys are winning games. The talent level that they have is overwhelming.

The problem is, they are getting out coached every week. I liked Chan Gailey. If he had this team, they would be 3-1 now, guaranteed.

I know Jerry, and I am disappointed in him for not adding more depth, but mostly, I am so sick of Wade.

This team was successful with Landry, Johnson, and Big Bill.

Why?

They held players accountable, and if they didn't do the job, they were replaced.

The Dallas Cowboys have an image, and right now that image is soft. Sometimes the talent is just so much better that they win games. But if the talent is equal or close to it, they lose, because they get out coached.

Jerry, if you can't see it shame on you.

As a fan of the Cowboys, I am now officially embarrassed of my team. I hate my coach, and I am pissed at the owner for not firing the general manager and head coach.

I am well aware that it won't happen, but can we get Bill Cowher in here fast. PLEASE!!!

As always, I would love to hear from you. Send it to john@bigbadsportsdaddy.com.

Peace, John Conner

No comments:

Post a Comment