Sunday, September 12, 2010

Opening of FOOOOOOTBALL Season

The first weekend of NFL is upon us. Everyone still thinks they are in it.

As I watch and blog at the same time, I realize, the Texans are for real. The Lions are improving. The Bengals, well, not so much.

Teams are making statements early. They're are players having the games of their life early. Arian Foster could very well be the missing piece in Houston.

It is all about statements. The Patriots are making a statement. The Texans are making a bigger statement. Detroit is letting people know that they can play.

There are still plenty of weeks left to play, but if you can get off on the right foot early, it sets the tone for the entire year.

I am a homer. I have never hidden it. I will probably pick the Cowboys to win every game. Right now, I am a little concerned about the offensive line. But if the Cowboys go out and win against the hated Redskins, then I won't care how Barron and Holland played, unless Romo gets hurt.

Not only are teams making statements, but individual players have a chance to do the same. Darren McFadden has been a bust, but if he can have a good game with Michael Bush out, then people will quiet down. Derek Anderson gets a do over in Arizona. He went from Pro Bowl quarterback to the bench, to traded, to starter. He has great players around him. He needs to make a statement.

This is whats great about the opening weekend of the NFL. Everyone is equal and everyone is even.

If you can go out there and make a statement early, you may be on your way to Dallas for the Super Bowl.

Happy watching and Go COWBOYS!!!!

As always, I would love to hear from you. Send me an email to john@bigbadsportsdaddy.com

Peace, John Conner

No comments:

Post a Comment