Sunday, September 19, 2010

Do I even care

So the Dallas Cowboys lost again.

They looked bad in the preseason, and now they have looked bad in the regular season.

In week 1, the defense looked amazing, while the offense was horrid, and Buehler missed a couple of field goals. In week 2, the offense moves the ball, Dez looks great, but the defense can't stop the pass. And Buehler missed a field goal. He is consistent, consistently crappy.

The biggest problem with this whole thing...I don't even care.

Sure, I am a die hard fan, but it doesn't seem to bother me as much as it used to. Maybe it is because my Red Raiders lost yesterday, or maybe it is the fact that the Texas Rangers are about to make the playoffs for the first time in 11 years.

Whatever the reason, I don't care.

This team was over hyped, and when Jerry had an opportunity to upgrade this roster, he failed. There was no cap, yet Jerry sat patiently. We should have gotten a free safety, a kicker, and some experienced offensive linemen. Don't tell me the cap next year bothered you, because next year the Super Bowl is not in Dallas.

I am not willing to turn in my fan card just yet, but at the same time, I have become a football fan.

That must be it. I am so into watching a lot of games for fantasy purposes, that it bothers me more if my fantasy team does bad, rather than my home team.

Whatever the reason, the Cowboys schedule does not get any easier. The Texans are for real. It will be real interesting to see who stays and who goes, if they keep stinking it up. I will keep watching, but who really cares.

As always, let me hear from you. Send it to john@bigbadsportsdaddy.com.

Peace, John Conner

No comments:

Post a Comment