Sunday, July 18, 2010

Cuban buying Rangers

I am on the fence as to whether or not I actually want Mark Cuban to buy the Texas Rangers. I really hope that Cuban just decides to back Chuck Greenberg and Nolan Ryan.

We shall see.

Cuban is a hands on owner, but at the same time, he seems to let Donnie Nelson do the basketball side of the Dallas Mavericks. Would Cuban be able to stay out of the way? I am not sure and at the same time, I don't know that I care.

I am seriously getting to the point where I just want this whole thing to be over. Tom Hicks dragged this out, and now the lenders and courts are doing the same thing.

I think Cuban could stay out of the way, and I think he would do whatever it took to be competitive financially. There is no cap in baseball, and I think Cuban would spend. My biggest problem with Cuban would be, will he bring a baseball man in here to run the day to day operations, like a say...Nolan Ryan.

We are witnessing one of the greatest baseball seasons down here, and all the talk is about the ownership. This needs to get done, and quickly.

My ultimate goal, would be to get Nolan, Chuck and Mark on the same page and move from there. It is no coincidence that this team has been successful under Ryan and Jon Daniels. It needs to keep moving in that same direction, whether it is owned by Cuban or me.

Just get it done...NOW!!!

I would love to hear from you, so either email me at john@bigbadsportsdaddy.com or call or text the bbsd phone at 469-212-3167.

Peace, John Conner

No comments:

Post a Comment