Thursday, July 5, 2012

Trade DirK??

NBA Free Agency is 4 days old and yet the Dallas Mavericks are in complete and utter disaster mode.

Deron Williams, resigned with the Nets
Steve Nash, traded to the Lakers
Jeremy Lin, resigned with the Knicks
Jason Kidd, Resigned with Mavs, never mind, Signed with Knicks
Jason Terry, signed with Boston


The Mavericks put all their eggs into the free agency of Deron Williams and Dwight Howard.  Howard never made it to free agency and Williams stayed put.  Plan B,C,D and whatever else is now down the tube.

I will give Donnie a little time to make a move, but I don't see it happening. 

So this leads me to, I can't believe I'm typing this, but it is time to trade Dirk.  The Cowboys did it with Hershel Walker.  The Rangers did it with Mark Texiera. 

If Dirk goes into Tony Cubes' office and says this free agency has been an epic failure and I want to be traded, you respect the greatest player in team history and do it.

I don't think you can get the same package that the Cowboys and Rangers got, but I do think you can get an impact player and some young talent.  You don't think the 76ers would love Dirk. What about Indiana or Detroit.  There are a number of teams that would want Dirk.

Do I want to trade him?  Of coarse not.  But at the same time, for what he has done for this franchise, he deserves to get treated fairly.  If not by Cuban, then someone else. 

As it stands right now, this is not a playoff team, and it is ludicrous to ask Dirk to help a rebuilding franchise.  Right now, Little Nellie and Cuban are spinning their wheels.

If they want to make an impact, get a superstar, or trade Dirk.

Peace out,

John  Conner

No comments:

Post a Comment