Monday, June 20, 2011

6-20 WWE RAW Blog

Wrestling Matters...I think

We find out that "Power to the People," is going to be a choice between 3 opponents or different stipulations.



Raw opens with CM Punk going to the ring and announcing that he is the new #1 contender. After I thought about, I don't disagree. I think a feud of John Cena and CM Punk would be good...Again. If you take Nexus out of the equation, I am fully on board with this.

Also, listening to CM Punk, I learned one thing. If you are going to be a heal, Punk is the guy you watch and learn from. He may be the best heal going right now on any brand, for any company.

The first people vote was to see who would face Brie Bella for the Diva's Championship.
The vote was between Eve, Kelly Kelly or Beth Phoenix. With her popularity, Kelly Kelly won the vote. The match was ok, and the win went to Kelly Kelly, to become the NEW Diva's champion. I thought her emotion was real, but there was really no reason to interview her in the ring after the match. That is what the backstage area is for.

The second vote was to see who faced Evan Bourne. The choices were Jack Swagger, Mason Ryan and Sin Cara. Ryan won the vote. The match was brutal, and that is being generous. Bourne is good, and can be great, if he is in the ring with someone great. He usually wrestles up or down to the level of his opponent. Unfortunately, Ryan is a bad wrestler. He is slow, telegraphs what he is doing, and only has a couple of moves. This is the worst match I have seen on RAW in a while.

The only thing worse than that match, is listening to Michael Cole and Booker T try to talk over each other. Why is Booker T even doing the broadcast? This is RAW.

I didn't think it could get much worse, but now we have a choice to make for Mark Henry and Kane. On a side note, do not, I repeat, do not give Mark Henry a microphone. He is worse than awful. Is it a body slam match, an arm wrestling match, or an over the top match? I know, everyone is holding their breath. We find out it is an arm wrestling match. Well, we know that isn't going to last, and sure enough, it doesn't. After Henry hits Kane during the arm wrestling match, they exchange blows before Henry does the "world's strongest slam" on Kane, through the announce table. That was actually pretty cool.

After a break, we get R-Truth, Christian and The Miz all in the ring arguing about who lost the worse, and the reasons, or excuses,why. The bit was actually pretty funny. Listening to them talk, I realized that Truth may be going nuts, and I am loving it. He is starting to grow on me more and more. I also realized that Christian has not yet fully embraced his heel turn. And finally, and most shockingly, The Miz may be slowly turning. I hope not, because I think he is greatness as a heel, but there are some signs that he may be turning.

The next match is between Kofi and Dolph for the US Championship. The choices of matches are 2 out of 3 falls, Vickie being baned from ringside, and a submission match. 2 out of 3 falls wins. Dolph wins the first fall, Kofi wins the second fall, and on a dq, Kofi wins the third fall, but Dolph retains, because it was a dq. I thought this match was awesome. These guys work extraordinarily well together. I could watch these two battle all night. I hope this feud continues, but we will see.

We find out now, that Shawn Michaels will be coming to RAW next week. All we will hear from the fans is " One more match." He won't do it, but it can't hurt to try. I will be yelling it at the tv as well.

The next match is for the #1 contender spot between Rey Mysterio, Alberto Del Rio, and CM Punk. The choices are a no dq match, falls count anywhere, and submission. The winner was falls count anywhere. People who think that wrestling doesn't matter to the WWE are nuts. This match was amazing. Back and forth. And I was saying earlier about Punk, this match went perfectly. Rey did the majority of the work, and after a splash by Mysterio, Punk sneaks in for the win.

Then comes the major announcement. Now that he is the #1 contender, Punk announces that his contract is up July 17th, which is the same day as the Money in The Bank PPV. Punk announces that he will be leaving the company that night, and that he will be leaving as the WWE Champion.

Next up is Cody Rhodes and Daniel Bryan. The choices are a paper bag match, no count out, or collegiate rules. I am soooooo happy that no count out won. I wanted to see a great match between two up and comers. I was not disappointed. Bryan and Rhodes countered each other over and over. This was another match where wrestling mattered. Finally, Bryan reversed a Rhodes small package, and got a small package of his own for the win. After the match, Rhodes missed on an attack of Bryan, and Bryan put him in his submission. Ted Jr came out to save Rhodes, and they pummelled Bryan. Where was Bryan's help? I hope this starts a tag team feud of Rhodes and Dibiase vs. Bryan and someone. This feud could be great.

Finally, the main event. The match is Christian, The Miz and R-Truth vs. John Cena, Randy Orton and Alex Riley. The choices for the match are, one fall to the finish, 20 minute time limit, or an elimination match. The elimination match won, and it was great. After everyone got a little action, the pin falls started. Alex Riley was eliminated by Christian. The Miz got knocked out by John Cena. After a great combo by Randy Orton, R-Truth got eliminated by the viper. 2 seconds after that, Christian speared Orton and got the pin fall on Orton. Right after that, Christian gloated. He forgot about Cena. Cena went for the AA, but Christian got out of it only to fall straight into Orton for a RKO. Cena put Christian into the STF, and the match was over.

I started this blog by saying wrestling matters, and the WWE backed me up. Sure there was some down moments, but this is exactly what you should expect from the WWE right after a PPV. This was the best RAW in a long time, and Shawn Michaels better bring his A game to top this one.

I know I am no JCall, but this was The Best Damn RAW blog EVER. If you don't believe me, I got 2 words for you...SUCK IT!!!!!

Hear me and Larry Stanley every Wednesday on Showstoppers on www.bigbadsportsdaddy.com.



Peace out. John Conner

Let me hear from you. Send it to john@bigbadsportsdaddy.com

No comments:

Post a Comment