Sunday, November 14, 2010

Red Headed Jesus to the Rescue

Is that really all it took?

Push Wade aside, and let the "Red headed Jesus" take over.

Jason Garrett is now 1-0 as head coach of the Dallas Cowboys.

The offensive philosophy stayed the same, as Garrett still called the plays, but it looked as if the team decided to run the ball more. Felix Jones looked good early, and Marion Barber looked good finishing the game. In between, Jon Kitna looked 28, not 38, and Dez Bryant looked All-Pro.

The defense still has some holes, but made stops when they had to.

The biggest difference to me, was the fact that the Cowboys only had 5 or 6 penalties. They won the turnover battle with the Giants, and mostly importantly, won a division game on the road.

Now, this team is a long ways away from doing anything, but they have to start somewhere.

The practices were run a little stricter, and guys were held accountable.

I keep reminding myself that it is only 1 game, but just imagine if Garrett would have been in place all year. You could see the team turning on Wade in training camp, and the team came out flat.

Now, Garrett gets his shot. People, including myself, have been calling for Bill Cowher or Jim Harbough, but if the team plays like this for Garrett, then keep him.

There are 7 more games to see what Jason can do, but when Buffalo won their first game today, I got a little excited thinking that our draft position improved. But watching the team today, I will gladly give up draft spots for wins.

This team is getting a reality slap right to the face, and they deserve it. But at the same time, this roster has talent. If they have found the right guy to lead this talent, then the wins will come.

I know, I have to keep telling myself it is just 1 game, but what a great 1 game it was.

Like always, I would love to hear from you. Send it to john@bigbadsportsdaddy.com.

Peace, John Conner

No comments:

Post a Comment